Tandem Paragliding in Taiwan (Hualien)
Join us for a tandem flight in Hualien Taiwan with one of our licensed and insured pilots. You can book for any day or time (during daylight hours) you like. Directions, other activities, and all other details are listed below.
Take flight and see the incredible views of Hualien Taiwan! Our pilots are all licensed and insured, and will guide you throughout the entire process. Once arriving at the flying site, you will be driven up to the takeoff point. After taking photos, your pilot will strap you into a comfortable harness, and a few bold steps are all you need. Your pilot will do all the work. You will just need to hold the camera and sit back and relax. After flying high and landing, you can buy a video of the flight. The video will be either emailed to you, or simply uploaded to your phone shortly after the flight.
THINGS TO KNOW:
- Round-trip transportation from Hualien City is possible for 400 TWD per person. Minimum of 2 people required.
- Dress according to the weather, but be sure to wear pants and form fitting shoes.
- 1-2 Hours
- Flight times are highly dependent on the weather conditions, but usually flights are 10-15 minutes long.
- We will meet you at the train station called "Wanrong Station" or at the flying site. Directions can be found on the next tab. Pickup's are also possible from Hualien city.
- English and Chinese
- 20kg - 110kg
- There are no age restrictions
TOROKO GORGE / NATIONAL PARK
TWO POSSIBLE MEETUP LOCATIONS
Address of the flying site (if you are driving):
Simplest / Fastest Route from Taipei:
- By far the simplest and fastest route to the flying site is by taking a speed train to Fenglin Station. This station is near the flying site and you can easily take a 5 minute taxi ride to the flying site.
- Train Tickets: Train tickets can be bought online from this this website (search the timetable first). Travel time is around 2 hours and 40 minutes.
- Address: No.137, Changqiao Rd., Fenglin Township, Hualien County.
Directions from Taipei:
Address of the flying site (if you are driving):
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?
There is no special clothing that needs to be worn for paragliding, but we recommend long pants and proper shoes. Please no sandals or high heels.
WHAT IS THE HEIGHT AND WEIGHT LIMIT?
There is no height limit, but the your weight needs to be between 20-110 kilograms.
HOW LONG IS THE FLIGHT?
Typically flight times are 10-15 minutes. We always try to give people the longest flight we can. If the weather is good, it's not uncommon to have flights of over 30 minutes. From driving up the mountain to flying to the landing zone usually takes about an hour.
WHAT IF THE FLIGHT NEEDS TO BE CANCELLED?
If the flight needs to be cancelled due to strong wind or rain, then you will be informed two days prior to your scheduled flight via email. Please be sure to check for this. We are always keeping a close watch on the forecast, however, cancellations do happen. We can reschedule your flight, or you can choose to receive a full refund of your deposit within 2-3 business days.
WHAT IS THE BEST SEASON TO FLY?
We fly all year. Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter are all great times to fly.
WHAT IS THE AGE LIMIT?
There is no age limit. Anyone with an interest in paragliding with us can fly. If you are under the age of 18, we will need consent from a parent or guardian.
IS PARAGLIDING DANGEROUS?
Statistically paragliding is no more dangerous than driving a car. All of our pilots have many years of flying experience, and all of their equipment is regularly inspected.
DO I NEED TO PURCHASE SPECIAL INSURANCE?
All of our pilots are insured already. This means if any sort of injury did occur, your pilots paragliding insurance would cover the cost of any injury to you.
SHOULD I BRING MY CAMERA?
Sure why not? More photos to enjoy the experience would be great. Your pilot will have a GoPro camera for you to hold during your flight. After the flight, the pilot will send you the video and photos of the experience.
WHAT IS THE CANCELLATION POLICY?
If your flight is cancelled due to weather, then you will receive a full refund within 2-3 business days. If you want to cancel after already making a reservation with us, then you must do so within 72 hours of your scheduled flight to receive a full refund. This allows us to schedule other guests in your place. If you cancel with less than 72 hours, or simply do not show up, you will receive no refund.
HOW IMPORTANT IS THE WEATHER?
The weather is very important to paragliding. Safety is our first priority, so we will be checking the weather regularly. We will notify customers at least 2 days prior to the scheduled flight if cancellations need to be made.
- Send us a message at any time on WhatsApp or KakaoTalk if you have any questions or concerns.
- WhatsApp: +82 10 7936 8153
- KakaoTalk: jgolds11